Chum Creek Hut
The perfect rustic country escape where luxury meets nature.
Chum Creek Hut is located on a beautiful 136 horse property that backs onto the State Forest. A picturesque location surrounded by abundant wildlife. This fully renovated hut is the perfect Australian country escape. Get close to nature without sacrificing luxury. Imagine relaxing in the double spa with large bi fold windows open to the paddock beyond where you can see the horses and wombats while you sip on a glass of wine. Or kick back on the deck where you can throw a line into the dam to catch a yabby or some trout while you enjoy a BBQ. Families love feeding the horses and peacocks and spotting the wildlife right outside the hut. Couples love the romantic open fire while solo travellers appreciate solitude and rejuvenation. Book a horse riding lesson or trail ride, or bring your own horses. Dogs are very welcome by arrangement. Located in the heart of the Yarra Valley surrounded by all the valley has to offer. We can’t wait to welcome you to Chum Creek.
- 3 bedrooms
- Yellow door room has a queen sized bed.
- Pink door room has one double bed
- Blue door room has a single bed with an additional trundle bed option
- Original stone open fireplace with abundant firewood supplied
- Bathroom with double spa bath and shower
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Back deck with BBQ and outdoor tables and chairs
- Porta cot and high chair on request
- Luxury pure cotton linen
- Dining table seats six
- Note there is no TV or internet access – however guest access the internet via their smart phones, and some guests bring their own devices to watch movies and play music. Telstra mobiles have good coverage however other carriers maybe unreliable.
- Standard prices is based on 1 – 2 adults
- Minimum 2 night stay
- For long stays (5 nights or more) discounts may apply. Contact us on 0412 746 286 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
- Prices based on $AUS
- Book online, by email email@example.com or by phone 0412 746 286
- Please read our terms and conditions carefully before booking.
August 15, 2016
We had a lovely relaxing time at Chum Creek Hut. It was the epitome or relaxation with the beautiful fireplace, spa and big comfy couch. Our almost 2 year old also loved feeding the horses and seeing the other wildlife at the property. Highly recommended.
Charming cottage in an idyllic spot!
July 25, 2016
What a cosy and comfortable cabin! The location is great, with a stunning vista. The cabin has a beautiful fireplace and bathroom, and the beds are so comfy. We all had a wonderful time, and can’t wait to come back and do some horse riding! And a big thank you to our lovely hosts too!!!
Just loved Chum Creek!
April 26, 2016
We had the best time staying here — I can’t say enough about the location, the cabin and the very helpful owners (who put on a horse ride for me with no notice!). It had everything we wanted and needed. We’ll be back – again and again!
A truly lovely cottage in an ideal spot
April 21, 2016
We stayed at Chum Creek Hut for two nights and had the most lovely stay. The cottage and farm is set in an idyllic location – rolling hills, bush and lots of animals. The cottage itself had everything you could want, nice furnishings and much attention to detail. We loved the fact that the horses, large and small, dropped by for the odd carrot and pat….really nice! It’s also very close to Healesville and all the Yarra Valley wineries, so lots to do.
Beautiful, Rustic Charm Cottage
March 21, 2016
this cottage is in a beautiful country setting with horses at your front and back door. The cottage is clean and cosy and well stocked. there is beautiful bedding, rustic country charm and an impressive fire place and huge spa bath. After a weekend here you will feel as though you have had a weeks holiday its that relaxing.