Chum Creek Hut 1 – Yarra Valley’s biggest and best fireplace.
The perfect rustic country escape where luxury meets nature.
The Chum Creek Hut is located in a beautiful Yarra Valley on a 136-acre working farm that backs onto the 83,000 Toolangi State Forest, amongst abundant wildlife.
The Chum Creek Hut has the Yarra Valley’s biggest and best fireplace and is located in the heart of the Yarra Valley just 10 mins drive from wineries and eateries and is only 1 hour from Melbourne CBD and Melbourne airport.
The Chum Creek Hut is a totally unique luxury country cottage. Chum Creek Hut 1 was a national finalist in Stayz ‘Most Romantic’ category.
The Chum Creek Hut has 3 bedrooms and sleeps 6 people. All bedrooms have the option of being made up with one king bed, or two singles in each.
Enjoy the beautiful scenery from every window and get cosy on the soft leather sofa in front of ‘the best fireplace in the Yarra Valley’, a magnificent original stone fireplace. Ample firewood is provided.
The Chum Creek Hut new bathroom has a double spa with a large bi-fold window that opens onto a beautiful peaceful outlook of bush and paddocks where you can see the horses and wombats while you sip on a glass of wine.
The kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering.
Relax on the shady back deck and enjoy a Yarra Valley vino while you catch a yabby or some trout from the dam and enjoy a BBQ.
Horse lovers can book a horse ride with us or bring their own horses and ride directly into the 83,000 acre Toolangi State Forest which borders the property. Chum Creek Huts and Horse Rides most popular horse trail ride is our 2.5 hour Yarra Valley Mountain Hut Wine Tasting Ride. There is no better way to relax after a ride than a spa with a drink in hand at Chum Creek Hut.
There are also great walking tracks into the adjoining 83,000 acre Toolangi State Forest with spectacular views across the Yarra Valley and the Great Dividing Range.
We are blessed with an abundance of wildlife that share our property such as wombats, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, eagles, various native water birds and even wild deer.
There is no TV so you can choose to be totally offline and enjoy a digital detox. Wi-Fi is available but cannot be guaranteed. Telstra network has good mobile coverage. Due to the wildlife, no pets allowed.
Chum Creek Hut 1 includes
- Yarra Valley’s biggest and best open fireplace, with plenty of firewood.
- Only 5 mins from wineries and 1 hour from Melbourne
- Luxury Australian country escape
- Modern Australian country design
- Split system air-conditioning
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and cooktop
- Luxury cotton linen bedding that is professionally cleaned
- Luxury body wash
- Fully self-contained
- Double spa
- Fenced back deck with BBQ and outdoor tables and chairs overlooking its’ own dam
- Surrounded by kangaroos, wombats, wild deer and native birdlife
- Peaceful country setting
- Bordering 83,000 acres of State Forest, with Great walking tracks
- Great views from every window
- Fresh country mountain air
- Perfect deck for a BBQ or a breakfast listening to the abundant birdlife
- Go offline for a digital detox. There is no TV. Wi-Fi is available but cannot be guaranteed.
- Telstra mobiles have good coverage however other carriers may be unreliable.
- Standard price, based on 1 – 2 people.
- Additional $30 per night per person, after the first 2 people.
- Minimum 2 night stay, (minimum 3 or 4 night stay during peak times).
- Prices based on $AUS
- Please read our terms and conditions carefully before booking.
Contact us on 0407 326 276 STRICTLY DURING BUSINESS HOURS 9AM – 5PM, 7 DAYS PER WEEK (Unless emergencies) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.