Chum Creek Hut 1 – Yarra Valley’s biggest and best fireplace.
The perfect rustic country escape where luxury meets nature.
The Chum Creek Hut is located in a beautiful Yarra Valley on a 136 acre working farm that backs onto the 83,000 Toolangi State Forest, amongst abundant wildlife.
The Chum Creek Hut has the Yarra Valley’s biggest and best fireplace and is located in the heart of the Yarra Valley just 10 mins drive from wineries and eateries and is only 1 hour from Melbourne CBD and Melbourne airport.
The Chum Creek Hut is a totally unique luxury country cottage. Chum Creek Hut 1 was a national finalist in Stayz ‘Most Romantic’ category.
The Chum Creek Hut has 3 bedrooms and sleeps 6 people. The main Bedroom 1 features a queen sized bed. Bedroom 2 has a cosy double bed. Bedroom 3 has a single bed with a trundle bed option.
The price is based on how many beds are used, so if you only need one you only pay for one.
Enjoy the beautiful scenery from every window and get cosy on the soft leather sofa in front of ‘the best fireplace in the Yarra Valley’, a magnificent original stone fireplace. Ample fire wood is provided.
The Chum Creek Hut new bathroom has a double spa with a large bifold window that opens onto a beautiful peaceful outlook of bush and paddocks where you can see the horses and wombats while you sip on a glass of wine.
The kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering.
Relax on the shady back deck and enjoy a Yarra Valley vino while you catch a yabby or some trout from the dam and enjoy a BBQ.
Horse lovers can book a horse ride with us or bring their own horses and ride directly into the 83,000 acre Toolangi State Forest which boarders the property. Chum Creek Huts and Horse Rides most popular horse trail rides are our 2.5 hour Yarra Valley Mountain Hut Wine Tasting Ride and our famous 1 Day Yarra Valley Pub Ride. There is no better way to relax after a ride than a spa with a drink in hand at Chum Creek Hut.
There are also great walking tracks into the adjoining 83,000 acre Toolangi State Forest with spectacular views across the Yarra Valley and Great Dividing Range.
We are blessed with an abundance of wildlife that share our property such as wombats, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, eagles, various native water birds and even wild deer.
There is no wifi or TV so you can choose to be totally offline and enjoy a digital detox, or some guests choose to bring their own devices for movies and music. Telstra network has good mobile coverage. Due to the wildlife, no pets allowed.
Chum Creek Hut 1 includes;
- Yarra Valley’s biggest and best open fire place, with plenty of firewood.
- Only 5 mins from wineries and 1 hour from Melbourne
- Luxury Australian country escape
- Modern Australian country design
- Split system airconditioning
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and cooktop
- Luxury pure cotton linen bedding that is professionally cleaned
- Luxury body wash and soaps
- Fully self contained
- Double spa
- Fenced back deck with BBQ and outdoor tables and chairs overlooking its’ own dam
- Family friendly
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Porta Cot and high chair by request
- Surrounded by kangaroos, wombats, wild deer and native birdlife
- Peaceful country setting
- Bordering 83,000 acres of State Forest, with Great walking tracks
- Great views from every window
- Fresh country mountain air
- Perfect deck for a BBQ or a breakfast listening to the abundant birdlife
- Go offline for a digital detox. There is no TV or internet access – however guest access the internet via their smartphones, and some guests bring their own devices to watch movies and play music.
- Telstra mobiles have good coverage however other carriers maybe unreliable.
- Standard price, based on 1 – 2 people.
- Additional $30 per night per person, after the first 2 people.
- Minimum 2 night stay.
- Prices based on $AUS
- Please read our terms and conditions carefully before booking.
- Contact us on 0407 326 276
STRICTLY DURING BUSINESS HOURS 9AM – 5PM, 7 DAYS PER WEEK (Unless emergencies) or email email@example.com.